LONDON: Thomas Markle has not spoken to his daughter Meghan since her star-studded wedding to Britain’s Prince Harry and fears she will not contact him again, The Sun newspaper reported on Monday.
“I don’t expect to see her or hear back from her and that’s OK,” the British tabloid quoted him as saying.
Former US actress Meghan, 37, now the Duchess of Sussex, married Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth’s grandson and sixth-in-line to the throne, in a glittering ceremony at Windsor Castle in May.
However, the immediate build-up to the wedding was overshadowed by her father, a former lighting director for US TV soaps and sitcoms, who pulled out days beforehand after undergoing heart surgery. It also emerged that he had staged photos with a paparazzi photographer which contributed to the furor around him ahead of the wedding.
Thomas, who lives in Mexico, told the Sun that since talking to the media after the wedding to give his account, he had heard nothing from his daughter and believed he had been “locked out forever” by the British royals.
“I’ve had no way of contacting her. The phone number I called doesn’t work anymore. The liaison with the royal family never answers back, and there’s no address I can write to,” Markle said in video clips on The Sun website.
He said he missed his daughter and wanted to be part of her life.
Contrary to social media claims, Meghan Markle magazine cover was NOT censored in Saudi ArabiaMeghan Markle’s nephew caught with knife blames Trump: report
Source: FS – All – Interesting – News
Meghan Markle’s father fears he won’t see daughter again